Home & Garden Rules
Superintendent: Jill Feeney
Pre-registration only. All entries must be pre-registered no later than 8/21/2017 with no exceptions
- **New Times** Bring pre-registered entries to the Home & Garden Building on Tuesday from 12 noon to 8 p.m. or Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 8pm.
- Judging will take place on Wednesday/Thursday.
- No exhibitors to be present while articles are being judged.
- All premiums will be paid on or before October 1.
- All entries must be picked up on Sunday from 6pm to 7pm or Monday from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
THE WINDHAM COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY & BROOKLYN FAIR ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ARTICLES LEFT FOR EXHIBIT.
Home & Garden Exhibit Rules
- All articles must be made and owned by the exhibitor.
- Articles cannot be used or have been worn.
- Items must have been made within the twelve months preceding the fair.
- An exhibitor is limited to one entry under each heading.
- Work must be complete for a premium to be paid.
- Exhibitors cannot complete for more than one premium with the same item.
- Commercial, industrial or professional bakers are not eligible to enter bread, pastry or canned goods.
- Food entered by two members of the same family of the same variety will not be judged.
- Superintendent has the right to reject any article that is not in suitable condition for exhibiting.
- Judges will not award premiums to articles that are not worthy, unless otherwise specified. Judge’s decision is final.
- Rosette ribbons will be awarded in the following categories: Best-in-Show for the Adult Department and each of the Youth Departments.
- A recipe and/or list of ingredients must accompany all food products.
- All exhibits must contain and conform to the exact quantity specified in the premium list. Failure to comply will disqualify such an exhibit.
- Exhibitors will bring their own containers for flowers, paper plates for vegetables will be furnished by the fair to insure uniformity and enhance the attractiveness of the exhibit.
- The decision of the judge is final.