WINDHAM COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY, INC.
To assist high school seniors and graduates who are continuing their education at an accredited institution.
The Windham County Agricultural Society, Inc., awards (a) scholarship(s) totaling $2000 to (a) graduating high school senior(s) or (a) current college student(s) to assist them with their education at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must be a high school senior or graduate, and must have been an active participant or exhibitor in the Brooklyn Fair. Applicants must have a minimum grade average of 70%.
- Applicants may be required to be interviewed at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Completed applications must be postmarked no later than June 15th, and returned to the Scholarship Committee. Use the address listed below.
- All questions on the application must be answered to be considered for an award.
- A high school or college transcript must be attached.
- Application must also be signed by a department superintendent. (A letter of recommendation from a department superintendent is also suggested.)
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award prior to August 1st.
- Scholarships will be awarded upon proof of second semester registration.
- Scholarship applications will be judged on the following basis:
Fair Participation – 30% Scholastic Standing – 25%
Financial Need – 25% Citizenship & Leadership – 20%
- The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to not issue an award if no applicant adequately fulfills the requirements.
[pl_button type=”primary” link=”http://www.brooklynfair.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/scholarship-application-2015.pdf” target=”blank”]Download Application[/pl_button]
For more information contact the Secretary’s office at email@example.com